Camporgiano, Garfagnana – Lucca, Tuscany – Italy
Villa Laura was created with the idea of offering a warm and peaceful setting, in one of the most luxuriant areas of Tuscany: Castelnuovo Garfagnana.
The structure of the rooms and the house is the perfect answer for those who are looking for a space to be shared with friends or with family.
The rooms are independent and the furniture offers maximum comfort, in full respect of the Tuscan traditions; the kitchen is at guests’ disposal and equipped to meet every need, or for those who just want to try to cook with joy.
Large outdoor area, equipped with barbeque, oven and gazebo, is ready to welcome those who want to enjoy the view.
The rooms tell different stories with each other and recall aspects of Tuscan life, more or less known: you can choose the tranquility of the “La Stanza del Genio” (Genius Room) where Leonardo da Vinci and Francesco Vecchiacchi are waiting to tell you about their lives; in the “La Stanza dei Ponti” (Room of Bridges) you will find paintings by local artists and photos of local areas around “La Collina dei Franchi” (you can not resist the temptation of a treasure hunt!). On the second floor, the “La Stanza della Musica” (Music Room) will retrace the magic of the notes by Giacomo Puccini; if you prefer the local delicacies, the “Stanza dei Sapori” is there waiting for you.
If you wish to live in the open air, there are many medieval villages to explore, as well as natural parks and cities of art. Nature offers possibilities for adventure sports (canyoning, rafting, hiking, and many more).
Its long history goes back to Etruscan and Ancient Roman times, and the city retains pieces of Ancient architecture. Lucca’s great era was in the Gothic era just before the Renaissance, and the city contains much marvelous architecture from that era. Lucca’s current defensive walls were designed by Leonardo Da Vinci and were never breached. Lucca remained an independent city state until the end of the 18th century. Giacomo Puccini, one of italian worldwide known opera composers, was born in Lucca.
The area of most interest to visitors is still enclosed within the old city defensive wall. The top of these broad walls is a ring park, a pleasant place for walking.
- Roman amphitheater – To be found off the Via Fillungo, main entrance by Piazza Scarpellini. The remains of the amphitheater are gone. The houses there are of medieval origin, built where the spectator stands were. The amphitheatre hosts concerts and many international performers including Van Morrison and The Eagles have played here.
- Duomo di San Martino, Piazza di San Martino. Romanesque cathedral dating to 14th century. Contains the must-see Volto Santo and Ilaria del Carretto’s Sarcophagus (Note you have to pay to see this) – By Jacopo della Quercia. Includes a sculpture of the crucifixion attributed to an eyewitness, Nicodemus. Some interesting carvings in the marble exterior, including a labyrinth.
- Torre Guinigi – this is a tower with trees atop it, a very dramatic sight, with good views of the city. No lift, many stairs.
- Torre delle Ore – ancient clock tower with original clock still working; is it possible to go upstairs on this tower too (beautiful view on the city, good perspective of Fillungo street).
- Palazzo Mansi.
- Saint Michael’s Church– Located in center of the Roman Forum
- Saint Frediano’s Church
- Via Fillungo Main street full of shops and bars.
- Palazzo Pfanner, Via degli Asili. Preserved rooms formerly inhabited by the Pfanner family, as well as a pleasant garden. Also on display, some 19th century medical equipment.
- Piazza Napoleone, Lucca’s largest square. Contains the large Palazzo Ducale, now a government building.
- Domus Romana, remains of an old Roman home, have been partially excavated, and may be seen at via Cesare Battisti 15 .
Square Meters: 220
Tot. Rooms : 3 Double Bedrooms, 2 Single rooms, 2 Bunk beds
- La Stanza dei ponti: 1 bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, TV, mirror, minibar, safe; 1 bedroom with bunk bed, a wardrobe, a bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, bidet, hair dryer. Autonomous heating.
- La Stanza del Genio: 1 bedroom with a single bed, wardrobe, TV, mirror, minibar, safe and a bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, bidet, hair dryer. Autonomous heating. Possibility of adding a cot
- Reading Room: with a three seater sofa, wood stove, library with books on Tuscany (food, wine, tourism, history, legends, etc.). Possibility of adding a cot.
- La Stanza dei Sapori: 1 bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, TV, mirror, minibar, safe; 1 bedroom with bunk bed, a wardrobe, a kitchenette with gas stove, sink, dishes, utensils, dishtowels, a bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, bidet, hair dryer. Autonomous heating.
- La Stanza della musica: 1 bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, TV, mirror, minibar, safe; 1 bedroom with single bed (standard size), wardrobe, 1 bathroom with shower, sink, toilet, bidet, hair dryer. Autonomous heating.
From the garden it leads to the basement, consisting of three rooms:
- Kitchen: large electric oven (90cm long) with 6-burner gas cooker, fridge and freezer, small appliances, microwave, sink, dishwasher, desk. Fully equipped with cooking utensils, glasses, plates, cutlery, place mats.
- Living room: 3 seat sofa and 2 armchairs, coffee table, TV and Xbox
- Dining area: 5 tables (to be used either separately or together)
The pool for exclusive use of the guests (10 x 4 m) offers a solarium equipped with deckchairs, towels, shower and refrigerator. Garden (10.000 sq m) gazebo, tables and chairs, BBQ, pizza oven and relax area.
Laundry room with a large sink, washing machine, drying rack and pegs
WiFi and parking are free. bike shelter
The entire property is fenced
Private parking: 4 cars
- Closest village: Camporgiano 2 km
- Closest town: Filicaia 7 km
- Distance to shopping: Coop Pieve Fosciana 13 km,
- Closest restaurant: Ristorante “Mulin del Rancone” Camporgiano,
- Other restaurants & pubs: “Kanagia” Camporgiano, “La Poiana” Camporgiano
- Closest beaches/sea: Forte dei Marmi 62 km, Viareggio 67 lm
- Closest bus stop: 2 km
- Nearest highway: Massa 47 km
- Nearest train station: Camporgiano 2 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 88 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre: ferry companies depart daily from Marina di Massa
Beaches: Forte dei Marmi 62 km, Cinque Terre: 30 mins by ferry boat from La Spezia, Portofino: 40 mins by Ferry Boat from La Spezia
- Places to see: Lucca: 56 km, Forte dei Marmi: 62 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 65 km, Viareggio: 67 km, Montecatini Terme 81 km, Pisa 88 km, Firenze 173 km, Lerici: 88 Km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 92 km, Cinque Terre: 114 km by car, Portovenere 112 km, Portofino: 152 km, Genova: 166 km,
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WiFi Internet Access
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit: Euro 500,00 to be paid in Euro cash on arrival refunded at the end of holiday.
- Final cleaning: Euro 150,00
- Heating: During winter months charged on consumption
- Pets: Euro 5,00 / Day
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday (1 week minimum stay)
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets friendly
220 Sq Mt
2000 Sq Mt