Bedrooms 8, Bathrooms 8
Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands – Caribbeans
Welcome to our Calma villa, a luxuriously gated oceanfront estate directly on Seven Mile Beach with private pool, guest services, and water-sports equipment. This magnificent home has been redecorated by Grand Cayman’s premier decorator (Design Studio) and has been featured in a number of local magazines.
A rental experience at this private estate will be like no other on Grand Cayman. A driver will meet and greet you at the airport before transporting you to the villa in a large passenger van that will easily hold all of your luggage. Our company also has a relationship with a number of rental car companies to coordinate the delivery of your rental vehicles to the villa in advance of your arrival. Pre-stocking the villa with groceries and beverages is also a popular choice by our guests.
Located only 15 minutes from the airport, the heavily-landscaped winding driveway guides you into the estate and welcomes you to an oasis you may never want to leave.
The Spanish-tiled two-storey villa measures 7,400 square feet indoors and offers another 3,000 sq. feet of entertaining space outdoors around the pool area. Plenty of off-street and under-cover parking provided. The rear covered lanai overlooks the pool and barefoot white-sandy beach. The pool area sits back from the beach and is elevated sufficiently to offer privacy from any passersby.
16 maximum guests (14 adults max) in the main house. Optional cottage adds 2 adults for an additional $350 per night. Our guests have used this accommodation for pilots, nannies or teens.
Please note: Owner permits destination weddings or events on a case-by-case basis. Separate fees and deposits will apply.
- Grand entry foyer, vaulted grand salon/living area with a wall of sliding glass to the pool area and sea.
- North Wing contains luxury chef’s kitchen, dining room, children’s media/game room and adult cinema room as well as a powder room.
- Roofed poolside lanai directly off the formal dining room.
- South Wing has a music room with grand piano, large game room with pool table, wet bar and foosball table, full bath, and laundry (double units)
- Yoga loft overlooks the grand salon and sea views below
- The south stairs lead only to the south suites and the north stairs lead only to the north wing master suite and bedrooms. It is a great configuration for two families or for dividing the house into adult and teenager areas!
- The covered porch, grand salon, music room and game room all open to the pool and entertaining areas on the beach.
- Large freshwater heated pool ringed with double-chaise loungers, tables, chairs, and stairs to the sandy beach. Foot showers, 2 hammocks and the water toys stored around the pool deck.
- Multiple dining tables and chairs may be paired together under the cabana roof to offer lanai seating for 14-18 guests.
- Palm trees for shade on either side of the beach, as well as heavy landscaping and a rope fence for privacy.
- Newly renovated and painted children’s playhouse
- Oceanfront Master Suite: Upper-level suite with a king bed, balcony, ocean views, and an ensuite bath with a soaking tub.
- Oceanfront King Suite: Upper-level suite with a king bed, ocean views, and an ensuite bath with a soaking tub.
- South Wing King Suite: Upper-level suite with a king bed, garden views, and an ensuite bath.
- South Wing Queen Suite: Upper-level suite with a queen bed, garden views, and an ensuite bath.
- North Wing King Bedroom: Upper-level bedroom with a California king bed, garden views, and a shared bath.
- North Wing Double Bedroom: Upper-level bedroom with two full-sized beds, garden views, and a shared bath.
- Garden View Double Queen Bedroom: Ground level bedroom with two queen-sized beds, garden views, and a bath down the hall.
- Optional Guest Cottage Suite: Detached guesthouse suite that has a kitchen, living room, and a bedroom with a king bed and an ensuite bath.
- Calma also offers a pull-out sofa in the media room.
- Central A/C (multiple zones/thermostats)
- Propane grill cooking area off of the kitchen
- Dining table and chairs under the poolside lanai
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi
- Landline phone for local calls
- Plush spa robes and slippers added to all guest bedrooms including the Cottage
- Apple TVs in all bedrooms and rooms apart from the Library/Children’s Media Room
- Cable TV programming in both master suites plus the Game Room, Library, and Home Theater
- Dedicated villa Netflix account with Ultra HD streaming on up to 4 screens
- SONOS audio system, and multiple satellite TVs
- Home security system armed upon request
- Laptop-sized electronic deposit safe in each 2nd-floor bedroom and guest cottage
- Luggage racks in all guest bedrooms
- 2 new dryers in the laundry room
- Life-jackets, basketballs, pool table with cues/balls/chalk, and foosball table
- 2 paddleboards included by owner—signed waiver required
- 2 tandem kayaks provided by Silver Thatch – signed waiver required
- 2 private mooring balls in front of the house for rental boats or jet skis
- On-island villa manager to respond to any emergency maintenance issues. Guests can contact Silver Thatch Guest Services for general assistance during their stay (e.g. charters, reservation assistance, at-villa services, etc.)
- Gated Estate
- Barefoot Beach
- Private Heated Pool
- Elevated Pool Deck & Patio
- Private Lanai• Multiple Balconies
- Beach Hammock• Central A/C
- High-Speed WiFi
- Free Local Calling
- Apple TVs & Cable TV
- Villa Netflix Account
- SONOS Audio System
- Foosball & Pool Table
- Baby Grand Piano
- 2 Stand Up Paddle Boards (waiver)
- Gourmet Kitchen & Appliances
- Propane Grill
- High Chair & Stokke Baby Crib
- Deposit Safe in Bedrooms
- Luggage Racks in All Bedrooms
- Spa Robes & Slippers Provided
- Hair Dryers
- Double Laundry Machines
- Linens Provided
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- Airport Pick Up & Drop-Off
- No Smoking Allowed
- Off-Street Parking
- Airport greeting and transportation on arrival and departure.
- Daily non-holiday light housekeeping – 3 hours daily included on weekdays, weekend housekeeping is an additional cost.
- Silver Thatch services for pre-planning and on-island use.
- On-island manager for maintenance & to assist guests
- Luxury bathrobes, blankets & luggage racks in each bedroom and cottage
- Small safes in all bedrooms with closest (6)
- Alarm system available for guests upon request
- Chefs, cooks, servers, masseuse, yoga available for private hire or an elegant 5-course meal.
The beach behind Villa Calma is pure soft sand with barefoot entry into the water. The water here is usually very calm and clean–the most beautiful cerulean blue colour.
The sandy beach is sloped to provide privacy around the pool area from passersby, but also provides plenty of room for throwing a frisbee, football, or taking long barefoot walks south towards the resorts, beach bars and hotels on central 7 Mile Beach. There are 2 mooring balls for rental boats or visiting charter captains. Calma is also only a few hundred feet away from some of the best snorkelling at Cemetery Reef (250 yards south).
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & FedEx/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- $200 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment• Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Arrange airport pick-up & rental vehicles (fee applies)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket/arrangement
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on the same day
- Weekday light housekeeping, 3-4 hrs each day. More available as an option.
- Day-after-arrival & mid-week guest services follow-up
- 2 tandem kayaks provided gratis by Silver Thatch – waiver required
- Complimentary use of Apple TVs, Bluetooth speakers, beverage coolers
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $2,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection• Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation.Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
- No smoking
- Pets not allowed
- Check-in is 4PM > 7PM
- Check out by 10AM
- No parties with exterior visitors allowed
- No loud music, outside the predetermined time limits, by local authorities
- The guests must ensure that the property is returned in a presentable and tidy state. Villas Retreats reserves the right to reclaim any additional cleaning costs if the guests should not leave the property in the above-mentioned state.
- All credit card holders must be aged 21 years and older at check-in.
- Saturday to Saturday bookings only.