VILLA IL BORGO
Bedrooms 12, Bathrooms 12
Capannori, Lucca – Tuscany, Italy
In the 1700’s Count Bernardini created a haven in the hills that surround the ancient walled city of Lucca. Today Villa il Borgo is an elegant and exclusive Tuscan retreat immersed in a splendid parkland of ornamental ponds and antique fountains, time-forgotten courtyards and lemon scented Italian gardens.
The 12 individually styled bedrooms, for up to 24 guests, are a reflection of gracious living blended discreetly with the typical Tuscan hamlet style of wood beamed ceilings, terracotta floors and warm, welcoming colours.
Reception rooms include a wine library with private collection of Tuscan wines, a card and billiard room, a domed music room with log fireplace, grand banquet room, a large Tuscan kitchen, several comfortable lounges as well as a workout room. With original features and picturesque views over hills and olive groves, Villa il Borgo is a home of beauty, tranquility and charm, a perfect place for the gathering of family and friends where days are timeless and memorable.
Surrounded by hills filled with wild boar, Villa il Borgo was once the hunting lodge retreat of Count Cosimo Bernardini of Lucca who would spend his weekends in the country.
The Bernardini family played an instrumental role in the administration and politics of the Republic of Lucca and were responsible for the upkeep of law (magistrates) and order from 1388 through to 1798. They continued to support the new political order with the invasion of Napoleon towards the end of the 18th century. At this time, Borgo was extended to become a small village for the workers of theestate which included an olive press, bakers and chapel.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: “Mercurio” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub and shower.
- Bedroom 2: “Melograno” french bed (140cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 3: “Magnolia” twin beds (90cm x 190cm) that can be converted into double; en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 4: “Venere” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 5: “Trifoglio” twin beds (90cm x 190cm) that can be converted into double; en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 6: “Cipresso” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 7: “Camelia” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 8: “Bacco” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub-shower combination
- Bedroom 9: “Apollo” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 10: “Ninfea” twin beds (90cm x190cm) that can be converted into double; en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 11: “Giglio” double bed (170cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with bathtub-shower combination.
- Bedroom 12: “Diana” twin beds that can be converted into king (180cm x 190cm); en-suit bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub-shower combination.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 12 indiviadually styled double bedrooms with en-suit bathrooms
- Fully-equipped Tuscan style kitchen
- Indoor and outdoor dining area
- Satellite television with DVD player
- Centralized music system
- Wine tasting room
- Music room
- Wi-Fi 7MB
- Fitness room Safe in each room
- Banquet hall
- Air conditioned/heated bedrooms
- Sun lounge
- Card and billiard room
- Sourveillance system
- Floodlit pool (18m x 8m x 1,8 m)
- Alfresco dining
- Italian garden
- Water features
- Private parking
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily Chef service for preparation of breakfast and one meal (lunch or dinner) 6 days a week (wednesday day off)
- Daily maid service in the morning 6 days a week (sunday day off)
- Concierge service on call and on site.
- Pool attendant
- Porter service
- Heating/air-conditioning, electricity (up to 2000 KW, over this amount client will be charged accordingly to usage), water, gas
- Linen change on Saturday and Wednesday
- Internet wireless connection 30MB available in every room
- Access to the Tennis / Football / Volleyball Fields + balls and rackets
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
Price on application:
- Additional chef, maid and staff service
- Activities and excursions
- Driver service
- Private Events
- Personal grocery shopping
- Cost of food and beverages: guests will be charged 12 euro per person for breakfast and 40 euro per person per meat menu meal and 45 euro per fish menu meal.
- Extra beds
- Extra rollaway bed
Points of interest:
- Lucca: 4 miles
- Pisa: 12 miles
- Firenze: 31 miles
- Siena: 50 miles
- Beach (Viareggio, Forte dei Marmi): 12 miles
- Cinque Terre: 37 miles
- Bolgheri: 50 miles
- Roma: 170 miles
- Venezia: 160 miles
- Milano: 190 miles
- Hospital: 2,5 miles
- Golf court: 18 miles / Putting green: 1,5 miles
- Tennis club: 1,5 miles
- Lucca: 4 miles / 6 km
- Pisa: 12 miles / 26 km
- Firenze: 31 miles / 69 km
- Milano: 190 miles / 292 km
BROWSE OUR MONOGRAPH ONLINE
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 30% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation.
Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
- No smoking
- Pets on request only
- Check-in is 4PM > 7PM
- Check out by 10AM
All credit card holders must be aged 21 years and older at check-in. Saturday to Saturday bookings only. According to Italian law (ART. 109 – TULPS), the owners and/or managers of any touristic structure are required to register their guests with the authorities prior to allowing their access to the facilities. In order to facilitate the registration, process you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number etc.), a copy of the passport and the authorization to hold these details in accordance to law (D. Lgs. 196/2003) on privacy protection, prior to your arrival at the property. This information cannot be used to promote, sell, solicit any service or product to you and is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement.