Bedrooms 7, Bathrooms 7
Matara, Southern Province – Sri Lanka
Enter Sarala House via a labyrinth where sunlight passes through slits in the wall to light up a tropical fishpond. Hear the ocean as you walk the long hall, past the kitchen, and into the open living area. From here, all eyes are drawn to the highlight of Sarala, the golden sandy beach stretching in front of you for a kilometer. It is framed by the pool’s infinity edge and a lush tropical garden. In this living area, you have dining for up to 14 people at the main table and guests can lounge in the enormous sofas overlooking the ocean. The entire living area opens to the deck and pool. On the ground floor, you’ll find one en suite bedroom adjoining the living area, with ocean views and sliding doors that open to the pool deck. From the living area, a stairway takes you to the first floor hallway with access to four bedrooms, all with air-conditioning and private balconies with undisturbed ocean views.
The master and junior suites have bathtubs on their balconies. At the end of the hall you enter the covered, open air yoga and Ayurveda studio facing the ocean. If you wish, this area can also function as a private covered terrace for the master suite. Take the stairway to the rooftop with its 30 m (100 ft) long garden; from there you overlook both the beach and the open ocean. The rooftop garden has a small bar and lounge chairs, and at the far end, a vegetable and spice garden. This is the place to be for your sunset drinks. Back at the ground floor, walk past the pool through the garden to the entrance of two smaller garden rooms, each with a fan, en suite loo, and private garden shower, perfect for teenagers or couples with kids who want to live in the garden. At the back of the house you’ll find the staff quarters. Sarala House has a 24/7 security guard and a gated parking area.
Sarala House and its location, also make this the perfect spot for a wedding, birthday, reunion or private yoga retreat.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Area Tv
- Gas Stove
- Fridge (standalone)
- Pots And Pans
- Parking Available
- Sun Beds
- Roof Terrace
- Area Yoga Shala
- Personal Safe
- Baby Cot
- Air Conditioning
- King Size Bed
- Bed Linen
- Bath Tub
- En-suite Bathroom
- Full board is compulsory at USD 45 per person per day; USD 22.50 per child (5-12 yrs.).
- The amount is to be paid in advance together with the rental amount.
- Electricity, mains water
- Basic cleaning and garden supplies
- Taxes & Services
- Telephone costs
- Provisioning costs
- Extra services (nannies, drivers, therapists, tour and event organization)
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prices quoted are in US Dollars, are listed by the Villa Owners and are subject to change without prior notice. However, once a deposit or payment has been received, the prices will not be amended for the dates of the rental.
- All payments are to be made in US dollars unless an exchange rate for other currencies has been agreed on prior to the payment being made.
- Bookings more than 30 days before the date of arrival will require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The full payment must be received 30 days (60 days if peak period) before the date of arrival. No reminder will be sent and failure to pay on time may result in a loss of the booking.
- Bookings made within 30 days of the date (60 days if peak period) of arrival, will require full payment.
- Once the deposit or payment has been received, a final booking confirmation will be sent.
- A security deposit equivalent of one night rent will be payable in US Dollars, in cash, on arrival at the villa. This deposit will be used against any damages or charges incurred during the stay.
- The difference or full amount will be returned in USD on the day of departure. If the charges cannot be determined at the time of departure, the Owner is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from your security deposit and will return any balance as soon as the actual cost has been determined.
CANCELLATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- For cancellations more than 60 days before the arrival date 80% of the total rental amount, minus a USD 150 administration fee, will be refunded.
- For cancellations and/or amendments 30 – 60 days before the arrival date, 50% of the final booking amount, minus USD 150 in administration fees, will be refunded.
- For cancellations 1 – 29 days before the arrival date and for no -shows, no refund will be made.
- During peak periods, 30 days will be added to all cancellation periods.
- A refund may be offered, if the Villa is re-let for the same duration and at the same rates.
- Any amendments that reduce the total rental amount will be treated as a partial cancellation and may be subject to the cancellation fees stated above.
- Any amendments that involve the booking of another property altogether, will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the creation of a new one.
- In the unlikely event a villa booking is cancelled by the owner, the owner will attempt to secure a booking in an alternative property of the same standard, at the same rates. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made.