Bedrooms 11, Bathrooms 11+2
Siena, Val d’Orcia – Tuscany, Italy
A gravel road flanked by cypress trees is leading to the entrance of this Val D’Orcia’s estate the way we have learned in movies. Here, between Siena, Florence, in the heart of Tuscany, where Brunello di Montalcino rests, is a timeless place, where guests can participate in the life of the best red-wine Italian producers and in a great week of masterclasses, lunches, and Tuscan living.
Located in the heart of Montalcino, renowned for its exceptional Brunello wine, this estate has a rich history of wine and oil production dating back to 1580. The owner’s goal was to preserve, restore, and bring the past back to its former glory, using it as a luxury element and giving it a modern and contemporary touch. The property’s commitment to ethical practices and a better future is evident in the warm, comfortable houses, which are designed for a relaxing vacation and equipped with modern amenities like new-generation air conditioning and Wi-Fi. The house, with its eleven bedrooms, boasts a panoramic position in the medieval town of Montalcino, offering both privacy and independence. The thick stone walls, creamy plaster, pale red terracotta tiles, exposed wooden beams, and fireplaces all contribute to the rustic charm of the property.
The property is divided into three units, each featuring a kitchen and living room. It can accommodate up to twenty guests and offers communal dining and living areas. The outdoor swimming pool provides breathtaking views of the Tuscany hills. The cellar, which has been conservatively restored, houses high-quality wine from our own vineyards.
The design approach was informed by extensive research into the historical context, as well as a focus on material recovery and sustainability. The property features refurbished old terracotta floors and painted wooden beams, vaulted ceilings, and a mix of custom-made furnishings made from recovered materials and contemporary elements such as sofas. Traditional Italian-culture elements like olive grinding equipment are displayed alongside contemporary elements like Corten sheets and modern kitchens. The house has a welcoming vibe and embodies the best of Tuscan architecture and style. Each apartment also includes a laundry room with a washing
machine, iron, and ironing board for added convenience. Although the main professional kitchen is for staff use only, each unit is provided with its kitchenette, featuring the tools needed to cook basic meals, including an oven, a microwave oven, and a double-temperature professional fridge. The estate offers its private restaurant available for guests only with a selection of exceptional local wines (at additional cost).
LIFE IN THE ESTATE
Surrounded by manicured gardens and 125 hectares of land that include vineyards and olive groves, living in the estate will make feel like are on your own private Tuscan vineyard escape. This dreamy Italian experience begins with a patio where one can read, listen to music or enjoy an aperitif in the warm light of the sunset. In the large garden, there is plenty of space where children can play. A private chef will curate thoughtful dishes of locally sourced organic foods, creating a custom culinary experience. Around the property, local activities include sightseeing, cycling, and tasting Tuscan delicacies such as wine, cheese, truffle, olive oil, and cold cuts.
- Bedroom 1: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the bedroom features views of the surrounding gardens from its balcony.
- Bedroom 2: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the property.
- Bedroom 3: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a panoramic view over the villa and its gardens.
- Bedroom 4: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, it features a four-poster bed. The bedroom has a view of Val D’Orcia.
- Bedroom 5: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
- Bedroom 6: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
- Bedroom 7: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
- Bedroom 8: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
- Bedroom 9: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens, and the bedroom features a four-poster bed.
- Bedroom 10: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
- Bedroom 11: Double king-size bedroom with an ensuite bathroom with shower, AC, and heating, the windows have a view over the villa’s gardens.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Wi-Fi throughout,
- Historic wine cellar,
- Shaded and furnished alfresco areas,
- BBQ (charcoal)
- Air conditioning in bedrooms,
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Welcome aperitif with champagne and canapes;
- A tour of the property and of the vineyard with the agronomist, wine tasting with awarded winemaker;
- Access to the estate’s private Museum with Art curator; Butler service daily from 8 am to 8 pm;
- Three unique private and exclusive masterclasses with the winemaker and his team, including an extensive visit of areas not generally open to the public, each focused on signature wines of Rosso di Montalcino and Brunello di Montalcino: three sets of wine tasting and wine culture, private, for all guests;
- Breakfast buffet in the restaurant; Light lunch served by the pool or in the gardens or proper lunch to be served in the restaurant;
- Aperitif to be served in the cellar;
- Four-course tasting dinner to be served in the restaurant or in the courtyard – for all meals, service, and ingredients are included;
- Daily cleaning and turnaround;
- Maid service 2 staff available from 8 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm;
- Bed linen changed every 3 days;
- Bathroom and pool linen every day (use of both pools)
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- The T.P.T. (Travel Planning & Tax) fee applies to each reserved week or portion; its value depends on the number of guests and is quantified in €340 for every eight guests booked. This amount guarantees (i) Travel Planning, performed by a dedicated team (ii) Remote Emergency Service 24/7 (iii) Check-in at 4 pm with property status control and weekly reports (iv) Check-out at 10 am, and property status control at 8:30 am on departure day (v) A detailed accounting of services ordered and (vi) Daily Tourist Tax applied by Italian municipalities per person per night
DISTANCES & CONCIERGE
- Your Italian experience begins in your villa, with a patio where you can read, listen to music, or enjoy an aperitif in the warm light of the sunset. Around the property, there is the possibility of walking, jogging, nature walks through the in-land winery. Discover the world of Brunello during a unique week-long masterclass at a Tuscan winery, led by a world-renowned winemaker and his team. Explore the vineyards and winery to learn about the history and traditions of Brunello production, witness firsthand the crafting of this exceptional wine using techniques of Leonardo da Vinci, and sample a range of Brunellos from different vintages and terroirs.
- Montalcino (11 km) is globally recognized for Brunello, one of the most famous red wines, and its massive fortress. The path leading to the town is breath-taking, with Medieval spires and narrow, steep streets perfect for
food and wine tasting.
- Bagno Vignoni (33 km) is one of the most desirable out-of-the-walking-path places, an iconic symbol of Val D’Orcia in Tuscany and the entire country.
- Pienza (37 km), Val D’Orcia’s iconic renaissance town, features narrow streets filled with shops selling famous cheese, a Duomo with Palazzo Piccolomini that inspired Zeffirelli’s “Romeo e Giulietta,” and a panoramic walk on the hill’s edge, making it a must-visit destination in the region.
- Montepulciano (50 km) a small town that deserves much more than a simple glance, the ancient history of this place is told from every single alley and stone of palaces that are little masterpieces. Walking the streets, sipping good wine, and having a traditional meal, is one of the experiences that will be treasured with the most passionate feelings.
- Siena (53 km) is a charming medieval city known for its stunning Piazza del Campo, home to the famous Palio horse race, and its iconic Gothic architecture, including the impressive Siena Cathedral.
- Montalcino 11 Km away (13’ by car)
- Bagno Vignoni 33 Km away (39’ by car)
- Pienza 37 km away (41’ by car)
- Montepulciano 50 km away (55’ by car)
- Siena 53 Km away (60’ by car)
- Perugia 111 km away (100’ by car)
- Florence 127 km away (120’ by car)
- Bolgheri 136 km away (95′)
- Montalcino’s surrounding area offers a wealth of natural beauty and outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy.
- The Val d’Orcia (25’) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that boasts breathtaking views of rolling hills and it’s the iconic setting of “The Gladiator” movie.
- Monte Amiata (16’), is a dormant volcano that offers hiking trails, natural hot springs, and stunning vistas from its summit.
- Bagni San Filippo (50’), is a hidden gem in Tuscany, with breathtaking white limestone formations and natural hot springs that create a unique and tranquil atmosphere.
Dotted with extraordinary vineyards, sweet rolling hills and world-known wines Val d’Orcia is the place for wine and food lovers. Some of the best restaurants in Tuscany are summed in this area. We recommend you visiting:
- Osteria Osticcio in Montalcino. A wonderful wine shop and lunch spot.
- Il Rossellino in Bagno Vignoni. Whoever expects a classic warm restaurant in a small Italian borgo, with typical dishes and a wide selection of the best local wine,.
- Osteria del Borgo, in Montepulciano. This restaurant is hidden inside a historical palace, serving typical food with ingredients locally sourced featuring a terrace with a view.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The deposit shall be paid for confirmation, and it’s 50% of the rental plus taxes
- Balance must be paid a maximum of 90 days before arrival, and it consists of 50% of rental plus 30% of gross rental (of which 10% for Damage Deposit and 20% of Refundable Advanced Provisioning Allowance)
- All services must be prepaid at least 30 days before arrival. Any services ordered after this deadline cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- All service orders must be placed and prepaid in on time to ensure that guests’ stay is as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
- Bookings canceled 91 days (or more) before arrival are subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- Bookings canceled 90 days (or less) before arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
- The same provisions, as to the calculation of penalties, will apply to requests of Rental dates change.
- In the unlikely event that we modify a booking, the agency/customer will be able to choose between the available options among the following:
(I) Accept a replacement property of comparable quality for the same dates booked
(II) Accept an alternative property of inferior quality for the same dates booked, plus a credit note for the cost difference
(III) Accept a change of period of stay in the same property
- In the event of cancellation of Services, the following penalty fees will apply
– 25% of the total amount for Services canceled more than 61 days before the check-in date
– 50% of the total amount for Services canceled from 60 to 16 days before the check-in date
– 100% of the total amount for Services canceled from 15 days to the check-in date.
- No smoking
- Check-in is anytime after 4 PM
- Check out by 10 AM
All credit card holders must be aged 21 years and older at check-in. Saturday to Saturday bookings only. According to Italian law (ART. 109 – TULPS), the owners and managers of any touristic structure must register their guests with the authorities before allowing access to the facilities. To facilitate the registration, the process you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number, etc.), a copy of the passport, and the authorization to hold these details by law (D. Lgs. 196/2003) on privacy protection before you arrived at the property. This information cannot be used to promote, sell, or solicit any service or product from you and is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement. Safety deposit by cash is collected on arrival.