Bedrooms 7, Bathrooms 7
Taormina- Catania, Sicily-Italy
A high-end Sicilian destination, located in a sustainable 16 hectares wine-estate, this villa offers the latest essence of contemporary design and local authenticity. Located in one of the closest villages to the Etna Volcano and only thirty minutes from the iconic Taormina, this is a place where guests feel at home with a contemporary sense of comfort.
The home design, approached with research in the historical context, is a sensory journey among lava artifacts, a vineyard, and its 17th-century palm grove. Enjoy the refined elegance and sense of proportion between delicate lines and different layers of materials.
The exterior of the villa overlooks the 16 hectares of an in-land winery where to enjoy running, jogging, or simply nature walks. The estate mainly is built with lava stones, which is a typical Sicilian material used in construction in this specific area.
The villa offers outdoor and covered terraces, where to enjoy alfresco dining or a relaxing break with a unique view of two volcano slopes.
Your Italian experience begins in your villa, with a patio where you can read, listen to music, or enjoy an aperitif in the warm light of the sunset. Around the property, there is the possibility of walking, jogging, nature walks through the in-land winery. Your concierge is available to accompany you in the small surrounding villages and the large cities of the region: discover unexpected and authentic corners or spend a day in the villa to know more about the secrets of the local folklore. Italy has great energy that comes from mixing history with so many different people worldwide.
And, as well as the restaurants, shopping, and nearby nature, people’s perceptions are also mesmerized by a culturally rich area in terms of
museums, architecture, and art. Visit Taormina’s downtown and the Greek Theater (34 Km), Giardini Naxos seaside riviera (38 Km), Catania (52 Km), and Siracusa Archaeological site and Ortigia Island (118 Km), Catania (52 km) and the must-see destination Etna Volcano (20 Km). Explore the Alcantara Gorges (16 km), a natural canyon dug over thousands of years by the water, with typical vertical cracks. Golfers will appreciate the Sicilia’s Etna Golf Club a few minutes away, whilst families may want to spend a day at the beach clubs Lido l’Aurora Celeste (22.3 Km) or the Sayonara Beach Club (24.9 km) especially favorable to families with children thanks to their facilities and restaurants.
- Bedroom 1: Double queen-size bedroom, bathroom combination shower-tub is on the ground floor, A/C, wi-fi, sofa-bed or cot available, vineyard/courtyard view, this bedroom is not fit for guests with mobility issues.
- Bedroom 2: Double queen-size bedroom, bathroom combination shower-tub is on the ground floor, A/C, wi-fi, sofa-bed or cot available, vineyard/courtyard view, this bedroom is not fit for guests with mobility issues.
- Bedroom 3: Double queen-size bedroom, ensuite bathroom with combination shower-tub, A/C, wi-fi, sofa-bed or cot available, courtyard view.
- Bedroom 4: Double queen-size bedroom, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, A/C, wi-fi, private terrace, vineyard view.
- Bedroom 5: Double queen-size bedroom, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, A/C, wi-fi, private terrace, vineyard view.
- Bedroom 6: Double or twin size bedroom, ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, A/C, wi-fi, vineyard view.
- Bedroom 7: Double queen-size bedroom, bathroom with walk-in shower on the ground floor, A/C, wi-fi, sofa-bed or cot available, courtyard view, not a fit for mobility issues.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 14 guests in 7 ensuite double bedrooms, with 2 double sofabeds, 2 cots, and 2 highchairs available for children
- Wi-Fi and air conditioning throughout
- The estate is pet-friendly
- Smart home devices
- Fridge with ice machine
- Isle-kitchen for cooking classes
- Private wine cellar
- Cooling system with class A ++ machines
- Sustainably powered through solar panels, hence water may take up to 30 seconds to reach the desired temperature
- Rainwater tank system for irrigation
- BBQ corner
- Outdoor sound system
- Vegetable and herbs organic garden
- Terraces with tables and lounge chairs
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Welcome drink upon arrival included water flavored with Sicilian scents and wine biscuits, tea, and coffee corner;
- Daily breakfast buffet from 8 to 10 am with freshly made savory and sweet pastries and pies, fresh bread, dairy food, organic eggs, selection of cheeses and salami, seasonal fresh fruits, coffee and tea station, cereals;
- Morning housekeeping service 2 persons of staff for 3 hours a day 7 days a week from 10 am to 1 pm;
- Change of all linen on change-over day (Saturday) and, on Tuesday and Thursday;
- Electricity (air conditioning) and Gas (heating) consumption is included; VAT 22% will be added to all services and utilities not included in the rental rate
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- The TPT (Travel Planning & Tax) fee applies to each reserved week or portion at €340 for every 8 guests booked. This amount includes (i) Travel planning for prime guests, (ii) Remote emergency service, (iii) Check-in with property status control, (iv) Check-out and property and damages control, (v) Detailed accounting of services, (vi) Daily tourist tax per person per night. As part of the booking process, a refundable deposit known as Advanced Provisioning Allowance (APA) is required to cover any extras and utilities during the stay. The APA is equal to 20% of the rental price. A mandatory Damage Deposit (DD) is equal to 10% of the rental price.
DISTANCES & CONCIERGE
- The most awarded restaurants in the region are: the Shalai restaurant (5.4 Km) a Michelin-star restaurant and the 12 Fontane restaurant (8.6 Km) which blends traditional and contemporary cuisine.
- All bottegas, local deli, and butcher shops, are recommended for their selection of fresh food, cheeses, organic vegetables, and fruit.
Things to do:
- Visit Taormina’s downtown and the Greek Theater (34 Km),
- Giardini Naxos seaside Riviera (38 Km),
- Siracusa Archaeological site and Ortigia Island (118 Km),
- Catania (52 km) and the must-see destination Etna Volcano (20 Km)
- Explore the Alcantara Gorges (16 km) is a natural canyon dug over thousands of years by the water that has gradually brought to light
the lava body, with typical vertical cracks.
- Golfers will appreciate Sicilia’s Etna Golf Club a few minutes away,
- The beach club Lido l’Aurora Celeste (22.3 Km)
- Sayonara Beach Club (24.9 km) is especially favorable to families with children thanks to its facilities and restaurants.
- A must-see village is Bronte (33 Km), approximately 16 km west-northwest of Mount Etna, famous for the pistachio nuts, attracting
thousands of visitors every year at the end of September for the ‘Sagra del Pistacchio’ where both amateurs and professional pastries Chefs prepare their specialties to delight the crowd and experience the authenticity of this event.
- The street markets in Sicily are essential to its history: the famous fish markets happen daily in the nearest city of Catania (52 km). All is
marked by bright colors, immersed in a world made of sounds, traditions, and culture.
- Sicilian ceramics are amongst the most famous world handicrafts, dating to ‘827 when the Arabs conquered the island.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The deposit shall be paid for confirmation, and it’s 50% of the rental plus taxes
- Balance must be paid a maximum of 90 days before arrival, and it consists of 50% of rental plus 30% of gross rental (of which 10% for Damage Deposit and 20% of Refundable Advanced Provisioning Allowance)
- All services must be prepaid at least 30 days before arrival. Any services ordered after this deadline cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- All service orders must be placed and prepaid on time to ensure that guests’ stay is as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
- Bookings canceled 91 days (or more) before arrival are subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- Bookings canceled 90 days (or less) before arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
- The same provisions, as to the calculation of penalties, will apply to requests for Rental date change.
- In the unlikely event that we modify a booking, the agency/customer will be able to choose between the available options among the following:
– (I) Accept a replacement property of comparable quality for the same dates booked
– (II) Accept an alternative property of inferior quality for the same dates booked, plus a credit note for the cost difference
– (III) Accept a change of period of stay in the same property
- In the event of cancellation of Services, the following penalty fees will apply
– 25% of the total amount for Services canceled more than 61 days before the check-in date
– 50% of the total amount for Services canceled from 60 to 16 days before the check-in date
– 100% of the total amount for Services canceled from 15 days to the check-in date
- MINIMUM RENTAL 7 nights in high & mid-season/4 nights in low season.
- PETS Allowed by owner at €75 per day per pet.
- LAUNDRY AREA Washing machine and dryer available.
- PARKING Parking is available for 7 cars.
- At check-in, the Guest is shown the property to indicate any dysfunctions or damages and accept its condition as proper.
- If on arrival the Guest discovers anything is damaged then this must be immediately reported via mail, otherwise, it will be assumed that the damage was caused by the Guest and expenses will be automatically deducted from the APA.
- It is forbidden to tamper with the water, heating, gas, and solar panel systems, controls, and displays, any damages or repairs incurred for this reason, must be paid by the Guest.
- We recommend that you write to [email protected] in the event of faults or anything notable. Claims not promptly reported will not be taken into account.
- No smoking inside.
- The Guest agrees to use the premises as a private holiday residence and not for any illegal or immoral purposes, or any other purpose without written authorization.
- The Guest agrees to take all reasonable care of the premises including pool and grounds, to leave the premises and the furniture in a tidy state of repair and condition, not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior, not to remove any of the furniture from its position and keep the furniture, soft furnishings, and equipment in their present state of condition, and/or cover the cost to replace with equal/similar articles, any items of furniture which may be found to be missing or damaged.
- More hours of cleaning may be needed, depending on the size and habits of the Guest’s group: the Local Partner’s team will automatically increase hours and personnel if required, to be accounted as extra, to maintain the house clean and ready for current and
- Children must be always supervised closely.
- All services that are not originally included in the rent have an extra cost to be subtracted from the APA, among which we mention for simplicity and not for completeness: staff hours needed to complete assigned tasks, extra cleaning needed to keep the property in a tidy state, towels changed because requested by guests or left on the floor, damages caused, extra cleaning due to the presence of animals.
- The Guest agrees not to play on the premises any musical instrument or sound equipment between 11.00 pm and 8.00 am or to be audible outside the Premises unless a written authorization.
- The pool and gym equipment, whereas present, must not be used under the influence of alcohol or psychotropic medications.
- The Guest agrees to permit the owners and their staff in charge access to the premises to deal with any maintenance or security issues.
FOR SWIMMING POOLS AND/OR TUBS
- Children under seven years old or less than four feet tall must be always accompanied by a parent or responsible person in a swimsuit,
including in the water; while in the water, the parent/responsible person must remain within arms reach. Do not use inflatable or floating items in horizon/infinity pools
- Please walk and do not run around the pool
- Please be aware of the pool depth indicated either in the local documents and/or in the travel documents issued by the agency.
- Please do not enter the pool with a copious amount of sun cream or tanning oil on your skin to avoid damages to the liner or protective layer or filters.
- No breakable items, e.i. glasses, bottles, etc. are permitted around the pool.
- In case of an emergency, call your concierge immediately.
All credit card holders must be aged 21 years and older at check-in. Saturday to Saturday bookings only. According to Italian law (ART. 109 – TULPS), the owners and managers of any touristic structure must register their guests with the authorities before allowing access to the facilities. To facilitate the registration, the process you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number, etc.), a copy of the passport, and the authorization to hold these details by law (D. Lgs. 196/2003) on privacy protection, before you arrived at the property.
This information cannot be used to promote, sell, or solicit any service or product from you and is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement.
Safety deposit by cash is collected on arrival.