Bedrooms 7, Bathrooms 7
Agrigento, Sicily – Italy
Nestled in the heart of the enchanting Sicilian countryside, a historic villa awaits near the sea and the iconic Valley of Temples in Agrigento. Surrounded by idyllic scenery, this tranquil retreat offers a unique sensory
experience for nature lovers seeking a revitalising stay in nature’s embrace.
This villa greets guests with old-fashioned kindness, offering a restored and thoughtfully furnished retreat for those who appreciate the benefits of nature.
With a frontal court and two-level building surrounding an inner court, ecofriendly amenities such as solar panels, A++ cooling machines, a rainwater tank, and eco-wooden fixtures ensure zero CO2 emissions for the property.
The villa’s interiors have been carefully restored and furnished with a blend of traditional and modern design, offering guests a comfortable and relaxing stay.
The ground floor features a library, common areas, and a fully equipped kitchen that is perfect for both cooking and dining. The old stables and mill have been transformed into a wellness centre using medicinal plants and fruits from the land to create essences and oils.
A green oasis makes perfect the stay of total communion with nature, the villa is surrounded by a flourishing countryside, where lush vegetation leads to a refreshing natural pool and a gebbia, an old tub now used as a pleasing pool for aromatic bath with orange blossom, lavender, rosemary, rose petals. The two pools feature saltwater systems and the gebbia is also heated from 1 April to 1 November.
- Bedroom 1: Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, room fit for guests with mobility issues, courtyard access.
- Bedroom 2: Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, garden and courtyard view.
- Bedroom 3 : Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, sofa-bed or cot available, garden view.
- Bedroom 4 : Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, private terrace, garden view.
- Bedroom 5 : Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, private terrace, garden view.
- Bedroom 6 : Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, sofa-bed or cot available, pool and garden view.
- Bedroom 7 : Double queen size bedroom with ensuite shower and bathtub separated, A/C, Wi-Fi, safe, sofa-bed or cot available, pool and garden view.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Sofa-beds available to sleep up to 3 children
- 4 cots and 3 highchairs
- Outdoor Wi-Fi access
- Alfresco gazebo
- Solarium terrace
- Fitness deck available in the garden or patios to practice yoga or pilates
- 858 m2 property with hectares of land, olive and wheat fields, pine forest, and ancient farmhouse.
- 14 guests in 7 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, additional sofa-beds available to sleep up to 3 children (also 4 cots, 3 highchairs available)
- Two outdoor swimming pools
- In-land organic farm
- Pine grove path for walking and picnic
- Pet friendly
- Air conditioning throughout the property
- Satellite TV available in only bedrooms
- Mini bar and safe in each bedroom
- A natural private wellness centre offering face and body treatments with special oils and ancient techniques massages at an additional cost.
- Solar panels
- Cooling system, class A++ machines
- Rainwater tank/ waste-water purification system for irrigation
- Eco wooden fixture
- 10 sun loungers and 6 umbrellas
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- Breakfast buffet service and ingredients every day from 8 am to 10 am;
- Morning Housekeeping Service 4 persons of staff, 8 hours a day 7 days a week from 8 am to 3 pm;
- Change of bathroom and pool linen three times a week (Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday);
- Bed linen change on arrival and half week (Saturday, Wednesday);
- Change of pool linen every day;
- Electricity (Air Conditioning) consumption is included;
- The estate is closed from November the 30th to April the 1st 2024, however, requests for long term rentals between November and April cam be considered on request
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDES
- The T.P.T. (Travel Planning & Tax) fee applies to each reserved week or portion; its value depends on the number of guests and quantified in €340 for every eight guests booked. This amount guarantees (i) Travel Planning, performed by a dedicated team (ii) Remote Emergency Service 24/7 (iii) Check-in at 4 pm with property status control and weekly reports (iv) Check-out at 10 am, and property status control at 8:30 am on departure day (v) A detailed accounting of services ordered and (vi) Daily Tourist Tax applied by Italian municipalities per person per night.
DISTANCES & CONCIERGE
Your Italian experience begins in your villa, with a walking among majestic olive trees, fruits trees, flowers, medical plants, and a pine grove pathway. A green oasis makes perfect the stay of total communion with nature,
rediscovering motions and flavours of the rural traditions. The surroundings of the villa offer several walking routes ranging from easy flat paths to more challenging ones leading to Aragona’s village. Adjacent to the pool, you
can create a wellness zone for massages, yoga, and Pilates. Enjoy preparing fresh, healthy meals from the organic garden for a truly all-Italian experience.
The propriety is settled in Aragona, a peaceful countryside area near the Macalube Nature Reserve.
- Very close to the iconic Valley of Temple in Agrigento (17km) a premier showcase of classical Greek art and design, source of inspiration for many artists. poets, philosophers and painters.
- Agrigento (15 km)
- Realmonte (28 km) where the magical beach of Scala dei Turchi lays, (Turkish Steps) at 26 km, are most notable cities close by,
- A must-see destination is the natural reserveand Park of Sicani mountains (84 km) to explore and discover pure nature by practicing trekking, mountain bike, horse riding,
- Eraclea Minoa (50 Km) archaeological sites,
- Torre Salsa Nature Reserve (33 km) abundant in flora and fauna, where sea turtles “Caretta Caretta” lay their eggs and herons and migratory birds make a stopover.
- Beautiful Beaches are also available in the area:
- The Secche beach (29 km),
- The Lounge Beach Scala dei Turchi (30 km),
- The Pergola (36 km) characterised by rocks and fine golden sand with shallow waters, ideal for a family getaway.
Southern Sicily is a treasure trove of art, culture, and cuisine. The Greek ruins of the Valley of Temples, as well as the stunning Scala dei Turchi beach are sites of charm and inspiration. The medieval villages of Burgio and Caltabellotta and cities like Sciacca, Menfi, and Santa Margherita Belice are renowned for their art, wine, and delicious food. Don’t miss the Macalube nature reserve, the art center in Favara, the medieval castle in Racalmuto, the baroque architecture in Naro e Piazza Armerina, and the ricotta cheese producers in Sant’Angelo Muxaro.
The territory invites exploration and is rich in culture, architecture. We recommend visiting:
- Aragona’s old town centre (3 km),
- Castello Chiaramontano di Favara (13.3 km),
- The Archaeological Museum of Pietro Griffi (17.1 km),
- The Valley of the Temples (19.4 km),
- The Pirandello’s native house and grave (19.4 km),
- The Castle of Racalmuto (20 Km),
- The main notable cities nearby are Agrigento (15 km)
- Realmonte (28 km), where everything is surrounded by bright.
- Valley of the Temples (35’)
- Heraclea Minoa (60’)
- Castle of Racalmuto (45’)
- Ragusa (110’)
- Piazza Armerina (80’)
- Modica (120’)
Possible activities include hiking, cycling, sailing – your local concierge can help guests hire boats to explore the coast line.
- Scala dei Turchi (40’)
- Macalube nature reserve (40’)
- The beach club Cala Paradiso/del Re (15’)
- Cala Vicenzina beach (21’)
- Torre di Gaffe Beach (10’)
- The Spiaggia dei Sogni (20’)
- The Natural reserve of the Punta Bianca (35’)
The most awarded restaurants in the region are:
- La Madia restaurant (16 km) modern Sicilian gourmet cuisine,
- Il Re di Girgenti restaurant (28 km) fish & seafood specialities,
- La Terrazza degli Dei (29 km) typical Sicilian cuisine,
- A speciality seafood local restaurant close to the property is the Caico restaurant (27 km) and wine cellar with most of the excellent wines of the region.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Deposit shall be paid for confirmation, and it’s 50% of rental plus taxes
- Balance must be paid a maximum of 90 days before arrival, and it consists of 50% of rental plus 30% of gross rental (of which 10% for Damage Deposit and 20% of Refundable Advanced Provisioning Allowance)
- All services must be prepaid at least 30 days before arrival. Any services ordered after this deadline cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability.
- All service orders must be placed and prepaid in on time to ensure that guests’ stay is as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
- Bookings cancelled 91 days (or more) before arrival are subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- Bookings cancelled 90 days (or less) before arrival are subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
- The same provisions, as to the calculation of penalties, will apply to requests of Rental dates change.
- In the unlikely event that we modify a booking, the agency/customer will be able to choose between the available options among the following:
o (I) Accept a replacement property of comparable quality for the same dates booked
o (II) Accept an alternative property of inferior quality for the same dates booked, plus a credit note for the cost difference
o (III) Accept a change of period of stay in the same property
- In the event of cancellation of Services, the following penalty fees will apply
– 25% of the total amount for Services cancelled more than 61 days before the check-in date
– 50% of the total amount for Services cancelled from 60 to 16 days before the check-in date
– 100% of the total amount for Services cancelled from 15 days to the check-in date
- No smoking
- Check-in is anytime after 4 PM
- Check out by 10 AM
- PETS Allowed by owner at €75 per day per pet
- KITCHEN Only staff is allowed in the kitchen
- LAUNDRY AREA Washing machine and dryer available
- MAIN POOL Saltwater, heated, open from April 1 to Nov 1
- SECONDARY POOL Saltwater, open from April 1 to Nov 1
All credit card holders must be aged 21 years and older at check-in. Saturday to Saturday bookings only. According to Italian law (ART. 109 – TULPS), the owners and managers of any touristic structure must register their guests with the authorities before allowing access to the facilities. To facilitate the registration, the process you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number, etc.), a copy of the passport, and the authorization to hold these details by law (D. Lgs. 196/2003) on privacy protection, before you arrived at the property.